During your presentation
Each session room will be staffed with an AV technician who will assist in starting each presentation. Once the presentation is launched, the presenter will control the program from the podium using a computer or the up/down/right/left keys on the keyboard.
SESSION ROOM EQUIPMENT:
- Stage containing a head table.
- One or two large screens displaying the PowerPoint presentation
- Notebook running MS PowerPoint with presenter mouse
- Fixed microphone at the lectern.
- Fixed speaker microphone.
- Laser pointer.
- Countdown timer showing remaining presentation time.
PRESENTATION AND SOFTWARE
Acceptable formats** for presentations
– PowerPoint (.ppt/x)
– Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
APPLE USERS: Please make sure that all inserted pictures are either JPEG or PNG
- The recommended video format for Windows-based presentations is Windows Media (.wmv). For more detailed information regarding fonts, sound, video, and general compatibility, please refer to…….
- If your presentation includes movies or animations, please make sure to bring them with you to the speaker ready room for uploading, even if you chose to “embed” you media files.
- Your movie will be uploaded faster and loaded faster during your presentation with no distinguishable loss in video quality.
- Preferred Video Formats:
Windows Media Video (WMV)
MP4 (ideally MPEG 1 & MPEG 2 but H.264 codecs as well)
AVI (Divx, Xvid, or WMV codecs)
MPG (MPEG 1 & MPEG 2
MOV (H264 & MPEG4)
Only the following storage formats will be accepted:
USB Memory Stick
If you plan to play a DVD as part of your presentation, please notify the technician in the Speaker Ready Room so arrangements can be made for assistance in your meeting room.
The computers provided will run the following software:
Keynote 2013 (Keynote 6) or earlier.
We only supply format that are included with Office 2010. If you need a specialized font, it should be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation Click here for explanation of this process.
The presentation file may be named whatever you wish. The system automatically creates a special directory for each speaker
- Personal laptops cannot be used in the session rooms. You must load your files via the Speaker Ready Room. However, support is available in the Speaker Ready Room for file transfers from your laptop. You should still bring a backup of the presentation on alternate media (see list of acceptable formats above). Please make sure you have all power, video, and networking adapters with you.
- We do not use industry logos or brand names in PowerPoint presentation (except industry session).
- Presenters are required to provide identification in order to submit their presentation as well as to access in the Speaker Ready Room.
- All files are deleted at the end of the Congress unless permission has been granted to the congress association to retain the presentation files.
- We will not abuse any of the contents and the presentations will beDELELTED immediately after the session so no Copyright Transfer issues will arise.
- A computerized count down timer will monitor speaker’s time which will turn RED near to the end of presentation. You are responsible for delivering your presentation within the specified time. Sessions Chairs are instructed to stop any presentation that runs over the allotted time.